For Ventura County voters who feel unsafe about voting in person but now fear the Postal Service (USPS) will be unable to deliver a “mail-in” ballot in a timely fashion, there is a way around it:
- Complete your Vote By Mail Official Ballot, sign it.
- Do not mail it.
- Go to your County Voter Information Guide or VenturaVote.org to find the location of ballot drop boxes.
- Drop off your Vote By Mail Official Ballot in one of 33 secure ballot drop boxes open beginning Oct 6th.
- Track your ballot by signing up at WheresMyBallott.sos.ca.gov just like tracking a package from Amazon.
Here is what you’re accomplishing by doing this:
1. Your ballot gets in on time no matter what happens to the USPS.
2. You don’t have to worry about standing in long lines and risking infection.
3. You still voted! Hooray!